NYUMBANI ESTATE SAFARI BUSH LODGE
Eco-friendly luxury bush camps
Nyumbani Estate is a private eco-tourism safari game lodge located in a Big 5 private game reserve, focused on providing safari experiential adventures. With spacious luxury, yet rustic ensuite chalets, finished to a high standard. You will be pleasantly surprised with this stunning safari experience.
We have 2 luxury ensuite superior chalets both with super king size (extra length) double beds or two 3/4 (extra length) single beds, offering 4 beds in Nyumbani Camp.
The main camp operate via solar power, embracing eco-tourism options. With our chalet bookings, we provide you with the various packages available to include a decadent gourmet and game experience. Our guests decide only once we have discussed the options with them, at point of enquiry as we endeavour to ensure all our guests receive a personalised service, tailored to their needs.
Sunset Game Drive and Supper
Sunrise Game Drive and Breakfast
All Inclusive – per person, per night R4,500 (single supplement rate is R7,875)
(All Inclusive includes: accommodation, all meals, selected beverages including bottled water of still or sparkling, daily sunrise and sunset game drives)
Dinner, Bed & Breakfast – per person, per night R2,650 (single supplement rate is R4,638)
(Dinner, Bed & Breakfast includes – accommodation, daily breakfast and supper, one game drive per night booked. Additional meals and all beverages are at extra cost).
N.B. This is not a self-catering Lodge. All catering is provided by our on-site Chef.
– Local airport transfers – from Hoedspruit Eastgate airport no charge
— Local airport transfers – from Phalaborwa airport R350 per person one-way
– Fully serviced chalets (daily housekeeping) we provide all towels and linen, organic toiletries.
– A range of meal packages and game activities, which includes all game drives, bush walks, excursions, are available to all guests, outside of the All Inclusive package, and remain subject to additional cost.
— Additional services are available at the Lodge Camp, at the request of the guest(s) and will incur a cost. Any such cost will be explained and made clear to the guests, prior to selections.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Strict conditions apply for children, see Child Policy section.
Entrants must be fit for travel and able to participate in safari related activities.
Compliance to our standard Indemnity must be agreed at check-in (this will require signatures from all guests).
Flights, travel, travel insurance or any related costs with the exclusion of local airport transfers, remain the guests own responsibility and cost.
Any bookings made within the terms and conditions stated can be transferred by the guest, to another adult on the proviso that the terms and conditions are fully complied with. If the guest is unable to attend the booking the cancellation policy criteria will be applied.
All guests will unreservedly consent to any photo images being taken and utilised by Nyumbani Estate (and affiliated companies). Intellectual rights remain in its entirety to Nyumbani Estate.
All guests will be invited to participate in a guest profile questionnaire, to be conducted by Nyumbani Estate. The purpose of the guest profile questionnaire is to inform the guest experience offered during the guest visit. i.e. we tailor your stay to provide the experience you wish to have, and more!
How do I get to Nyumbani Estate?
International guests, arrange to fly to Johannesburg OR Tambo international airport.
Local in-country guests, make your way to the nearest town to us which is called Hoedspruit, taking the main R40 road sign posted for White River, Nyumbani Estate is located off the main R531 road. We provide a pin location and directions to all confirmed guests, nearer to the date of travel. We also arrange to meet our guests off the main road and escort them onto the Lodge site.
Getting to Hoedspruit:
You can arrange to hire a car when you book your flight, all the major car hire companies are at OR Tambo international airport. Allow 6 hours for the drive and we would recommend you take a day-time and not a night-time drive. If your flight lands in Johannesburg late, make prior arrangements to stay overnight at a local hotel, ideally with free shuttle service to and from the airport (approx 10 or 15 min drive). Nyumbani is just an hour away from Hoedspruit, we send you a location pin prior to your journey so you can load up your sat nav or smart phone.
Internal domestic flights from Johannesburg OR Tambo are regular and cost approx R3,500 per person. The journey takes approx 1.5hrs. South African Airways or CemAir operate domestic flights. (this is correct at the time of writing this information and updating the website and remains subject to a range of changes beyond the control of Nyumbani Estate).
Shuttle by road using a private transfer company. The road transfer takes approximately 6 hours but you need to check the leaving times to see if this tally’s with your flight arrival otherwise, you may have to make arrangements to stay overnight in Johannesburg and take the shuttle the next morning. Nyumbani can assist you with any in-country arrangements, on request.
What are the contact details for Nyumbani?
Phone: South Africa +27 (0)78 789 4095
Phone: UK +44 78 1000 1238
Emergency: +27 (0)78 789 4095 – Maxine / +27 (0) 76 020 4669 – Ian
PO Box 1672,
Limpopo, South Africa,
(Mail takes around 4 weeks to be delivered to/from our post box)
Can I use a cellphone?
The key benefit of the bush is leaving behind modern distractions, the cell phone is one of them and signal reach tends to be limited for this reason. However, on the Estate, yes, there is free wi-fi available in the main camp area, limited elsewhere on the Estate with some strong spots in some areas where you can send and receive an SMS or sometimes even make a call. If you wish to purchase a local sim card, you need to plan for this before you leave your home Country. Arrange for your phone to be unblocked for use abroad or with a different network provider, this is essential. Then make sure whilst you are at Johannesburg airport you can check if it is possible to purchase a local sim card. Just remember, most will work in Johannesburg, but not in the Hoedspruit or other rural areas. It is so simple and easy, you just show your passport to obtain the sim. The most efficient network providers for our area is Vodacom and MTN as they have the best coverage on the Private Reserve. Alternatively, you can also use a tri-band phone with an international roaming sim to provide communication.
- Vest tops & T shirts
- Long trousers
- Casual clothes for dinners and excursions
- Hat, gloves, scarf for winter
- Waterproofs – Jacket & trousers
- Good walking boots or strong outdoor thick sole trainers (if you intend to book any bush walks)
- Sock protectors/ankle gaiters (for bush walks or hiking)
- Sandals/flip flops/comfortable shoes for leisurely use around camp and on outings etc
- Sun hat (wide brimmed or baseball cap)
- Sun cream (high factor recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Plug adaptor for South African round 3 pin system
- Camera (with batteries and charger)
- Swim wear (we have a small dip pool)
- Stationary/notebooks and pencils/pens (if you wish to journal your trip)
Note: You will have the opportunity to purchase Nyumbani t-shirt, golf shirt and/or baseball cap on arrival or fleece at the Camp (all major debit and credit cards accepted).
What is the time zone @ Nyumbani?
South Africa is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Do I need a VISA?
Most nationalities are granted a free 90 day tourist visa on arrival in Johannesburg. Please make sure you check the current requirements for the passport you hold with South African Home Affairs. When you are at Passport Control, they will ask you how long you intend to stay in South Africa. It is very important for you to provide your dates as they will stamp your passport with the permitted days allowed, and usually no more than 30 consecutive days. Please remember to check this and to comply with the permitted days granted. Failure to do so may result in your prosecution and deportation.
This is not a Child friendly Lodge. We only accept bookings for young people of age 16 years old upwards.
From that age they can occupy a chalet as a single supplement, or as a twin or double.
They can fully participate in game drives.
The adult rate will apply in all instances.
Management reserve the right of stay for any guests who will not comply with this policy, there will not be a refund in such circumstances.
Website usage Terms and Conditions
Reference to ’Nyumbani Estate’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is No 10 Grietjie, Grietjie Private Nature Reserve, Phalaborwa, South Africa. Our company registration number is under Marochia 2015/385940/07 . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
Contact us should you need to discuss any of the above or go back to the Nyumbani Estate Page
Less than 48 hours before check-in No refund
More than 48 hours before check-in 50% deposit refunded*
More than 1 month before check-in 75% deposit refunded*
* A bank charge will be applied to all refunds as to credit your payment card usually attracts a bank fee, which will be deducted from your refund. We cannot pre-determine what this charge is, as it is stipulated and charged by your card supplier and/or the payment system being applied for the refund.
Enquiries: +27 (0) 78 789 4095