NYUMBANI ESTATE SAFARI BUSH LODGE
Eco-friendly luxury bush camps
Nyumbani Estate is a private safari game lodge located in a Big 5 private game reserve, focused on providing safari experiential adventures. With spacious rustic ensuite chalets finished to a high standard, you will pleasantly surprise with this stunning safari experience.
We have 2 luxury ensuite superior chalets both with super king size (extra length) double beds or two 3/4 (extra length) single beds, offering 4 beds in Nyumbani Camp.
The main camp operate via solar power, embracing eco-tourism options. With our chalet bookings, we provide the room rate and a range of meal and game packages. Our guests decide only once we have discussed the options with them, at point of enquiry as we endeavour to ensure all our guests receive a personalised service, tailored to their needs.
Sunset Game Drive and Supper
Sunrise Game Drive and Breakfast
Our main rack rate is R 4 500 per person, per night. During 2017 and 2018 we are able to offer an extensive range of discounts to our guests. Here is the summary of the discounts available. Please contact us directly for specific quotes and for details of planned itineraries for your safari adventure.
Spring Surprise Specials 2017 (ends 30th November 2017) 65% discounts
Summer Sizzler Specials ( 1st December 2017 to 28 February 2018) 55% discounts
Autumn Temptation Specials (1 March 2018 to 31 May 2018) 45% discounts
Winter Wonderland Specials (1 June 2018 to 31 August 2018) 35% discounts
Spring Surprise Specials 2018 (1 September 2018 to 30 November 2018) 25% discounts
Summer Sizzler Specials 2018 (1 December to 28 February 2019) 15% discounts
Autumn Temptation Specials 2019 (1 March to 31 May 2018) 5% discounts
1 June 2019 standard rates apply with various random specials from time to time
Subject to availability, these amazing discounts are available.
– Local airport transfers (from Phalaborwa – R150 per person or Eastgate airports no charge).
– Fully serviced chalets (daily housekeeping) providing linen, organic toiletries, and laundry (included).
– A range of meal packages and game activities, which includes all game drives, bush walks, excursions all available subject to additional cost.
*Additional services are available at the Lodge Camp, at the request of the guest(s) and will incur a cost. Any such cost will be explained and made clear to the guests, prior to selections.
Booking Terms & Conditions
Strict conditions apply for children, see Child Policy section.
Entrants must be fit for travel and able to participate in safari related activities.
Compliance to our standard Indemnity must be agreed, prior to the visit and re-stated at check-in (this will require signatures from all guests).
Flights, travel, travel insurance or any related costs with the exclusion of local airport transfers, remain the guests own responsibility and cost.
This special can be gifted to but cannot be sold to any third party. If the guest is unable to attend the booking, they will have a period of up to 7 days before the booking to provide alternative guest details and contact information.
All bookings within this special are for holidays taken by the 31st August 2017 once availability is booked up, this special rate will no longer be available.All guests booking within this special launch will unreservedly consent to any photo images being taken and
All guests booking within this special will unreservedly consent to any photo images being taken and utilised by Nyumbani Estate (and affiliated companies). Intellectual rights remain in its entirety to Nyumbani Estate.
All guests will be invited to participate in a guest profile questionnaire, to be conducted by Nyumbani Estate. The purpose of the guest profile questionnaire is to inform the guest experience offered during the guest visit. i.e. we tailor your stay to provide the experience you wish to have, and more!
How do I get to Nyumbani Estate?
International guests, arrange to fly to Johannesburg OR Tambo international airport.
Local in-country guests, make your way to the nearest town to us which is called Hoedspruit.
Getting to Hoedspruit:
You can arrange to hire a car when you book your flight, all the major car hire companies are at OR Tambo international airport. Allow 6 hours for the drive and we would recommend you take a day-time and not a night-time drive. If your flight lands in Johannesburg late, make prior arrangements to stay overnight at a local hotel, ideally with free shuttle service to and from the airport (approx 10 or 15 min drive). Nyumbani is just an hour away from Hoedspruit, we send you a location pin prior to your journey so you can load up your sat nav or smart phone.
Internal domestic flights from Johannesburg OR Tambo are regular and cost approx R3,000 per person. The journey takes approx 1.5hrs. South African Airways or CemAir operate domestic flights.
Shuttle by road using a private transfer company. The road transfer takes approximately 6 hours but you need to check the leaving times to see if this tally’s with your flight arrival otherwise, you may have to make arrangements to stay overnight in Johannesburg and take the shuttle the next morning. Nyumbani can assist you with any in-country arrangements, on request.
What are the contact details for Nyumbani?
Phone: South Africa +27 (0)78 789 4095
Phone: UK +44 78 1000 1238
Emergency: +27 (0)78 789 4095 – Maxine / +27 (0) 76 020 4669 – Ian
PO Box 1672,
Limpopo, South Africa,
(Mail takes around 4 weeks to be delivered to/from our post box)
Can I use a cellphone?
The key benefit of the bush is leaving behind modern distractions, the cell phone is one of them and signal reach tends to be limited for this reason. However, on the Estate, yes, there is free wi-fi available in the main camp area, limited elsewhere on the Estate with some strong spots in some areas where you can send and receive an SMS or sometimes even make a call. If you wish to purchase a local sim card, you need to plan for this before you leave your home Country. Arrange for your phone to be unblocked for use abroad or with a different network provider, this is essential. Then make sure whilst you are at Johannesburg airport you MUST REMEMBER to buy your sim card before you leave the international airport. It is so simple and easy, you just show your passport to obtain the sim. It is a completely different story outside of Johannesburg OR Tambo airport. In local towns there is a rigid process of producing a range of paperwork and documentation, which you will not have, therefore will not be able to purchase a local sim card. The most efficient network providers for our area is Vodacom and MTN as they have the best coverage on the Conservancy. Alternatively, you can also use a tai-band phone with an international roaming sim to provide communication.
- Tank tops & T shirts
- Long trousers
- Casual clothes for dinners and excursions
- Hat, gloves, scarf for winter
- Waterproofs – Jacket & trousers
- Good walking boots or strong outdoor thick sole trainers (if you intend to book any bush walks)
- Sock protectors/ankle gaiters (bush walks)
- Sandals/flip flops/comfortable shoes for leisurely use around camp and on outings etc
- Sun hat (wide brimmed or baseball cap)
- Sun cream (high factor recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Plug adaptor for South African 3 pin system
- Swim wear (we have a small dip pool)
- Stationary/notebooks (if you wish to journal your trip)
Note: You will have the opportunity to purchase Nyumbani t-shirt, baseball cap on arrival or fleece at the Camp (all major debit and credit cards accepted).
What is the time zone @ Nyumbani?
South Africa is 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Do I need a VISA?
Most nationalities are granted a free 90 day tourist visa on arrival in Johannesburg. Please make sure you check the current requirements for the passport you hold with South African Home Affairs.
Young children from birth to 6yrs a concession charge applies (currently R683 per child), with notice we can provide a small cot or small child bed, or share with parents.
Children from 6yrs upwards are charged at an adult occupancy.
Children under the age of 12yrs old cannot be in a chalet alone, an adult must share with them.
Parents must be able to fully supervise and manage their child(res) to ensure other guests are not inconvenienced in any way, we welcome family bookings, but require for the entire camp to be booked out (both chalets, not just one). This provides full enjoyment for the family without concern of inconvenience to anyone else.
The camp is not fenced in, therefore children must be supervised at all times, by their parents/guardians.
It is and remains the full responsibility of the parent(s)/guardian(s) any child(ren) in their care.
Management reserve the right of stay for any guests who will not comply with this policy, there will not be any refund in such circumstances.
Website usage Terms and Conditions
Reference to ’Nyumbani Estate’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is No 10 Grietjie, Grietjie Private Nature Reserve, Phalaborwa, South Africa. Our company registration number is under Marochia 2015/385940/07 . The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
· The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
· Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
· Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
· This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
· All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
· Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
· From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
· Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of South Africa.
Contact us should you need to discuss any of the above or go back to the Nyumbani Estate Page
Friendly Cancellation Policy
Less than 48 hours before check-in No refund
More than 48 hours before check-in 50% deposit refunded
More than 1 week before check-in 100% deposit refunded
Inquiries: +27 (0) 78 789 4095